“THE WORK OF HIS HANDS”
2017 ANNUAL GIVING CAMPAIGN
“The vessel he was making of clay was spoiled in the potter’s hand, and he reworked it into another vessel, as seemed good to him. Then the word of the Lord came to me: 'Can I not do with you...just as this potter has done?' says the Lord. 'Just like the clay in the potter’s hand, so are you in my hand.'” Jeremiah 18: 4-6a
October 4, 2016
Dear Redeemer member,
On Sunday, October 9, we will launch our 2017 annual giving campaign: “THE WORK OF HIS HANDS.”
Over the next six weeks we will walk a path together toward better understanding how you and Redeemer become and remain devoted followers of Jesus Christ every day. From the people Redeemer feeds at the food pantry to the people fed on Sunday at the altar, we will explore how planned and regular giving enhances our walk with Christ, supports life-giving ministries, and empowers Redeemer to expand programming to meet the spiritual needs of our congregation and our community.
Here is the shape our path will take for “THE WORK OF HIS HANDS” campaign.
- Beginning Sunday, Oct. 9 and continuing through Sunday, Nov. 20, the Sunday bulletin and the weekly Redeemer eNews will include reflections about stewardship and faithful giving.
- During the week of Oct. 9 you will receive a letter from Fr. Wiley outlining Redeemer’s plans and programs and how your giving will help make the vision a reality.
- During the week of Oct. 23 a letter will arrive which summarizes some of the important successes Redeemer is having and in which you play an integral part.
- The week of November 8 you will receive a pledge card in the mail. Please prayerfully consider what your pledge to the ministry and mission of Episcopal Church of the Redeemer will be!
- On Sunday, Nov. 20, please bring your pledge card to worship. We will celebrate a Commitment Sunday when pledges will be offered as an act of worship.
Yours in Christ,
Rody Borg, Sr. Warden Tom McMorrow, Stewardship Co-Chair Scott Trundle, Stewardship Co-Chair
7500 Southside Blvd Jacksonville, FL 32256 + Phone: 904-642-4575 firstname.lastname@example.org + www.redeemerjax.org